Notary Public Certification
Learn to perform the five notarial acts authorized in North Carolina including Acknowledgments, Oath & Affirmations, Verifications and Proofs, Inventorying Abandoned Safe Deposit Boxes and notarizing Voter Absentee Ballots.
You will also learn the proper way to positively identify document signers and keep official records of your notarial acts as you work to protect the public from fraud and forgery as a trusted public official.
This course is designed to equip you to take and pass the notary public examination and prepare you to serve the public with a high degree of professionalism as a notary public.
1) Be at least 18 years of age;
2) Reside or have a regular place of work or business in this State;
3) Reside legally in the United States;
4) Speak, read and write the English language;
5) Possess a high school diploma or equivalent;
6) Submit an application containing no significant misstatement or omission of fact;
7) If you have been incarcerated, on parole or probation within the last 10 years you must contact the Secretary of State Office at 919-814-5400 to determine your eligibility
Students MUST provide a current state or federal picture identification for admission to class. The ID must be a valid ID with a picture of the face and either signature or physical description or both. (Driver license, passport, state ID etc.)
Students MUST purchase the 'North Carolina Notary Public Manual, 2016' ISBN: 9781560118510.
IMPORTANT NOTES: It is a state requirement that you MUST bring your book and a valid photo ID with you to enter the class. The book may be purchased at Barnes and Noble or online at the following link: https://www.sog.unc.edu/publications/books/north-carolina-notary-public-manual-2016-print-version (copy and paste link in browser)
Prepay for class with credit or debit card via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JS338K62NCNCW (copy and paste link in browser).